cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DATs suddenly not updating today, please advise if you can

Wednesday, 24 June 2009 1:29:36 PM Info Updater Error occurred while downloading D:\Profiles\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VSCANDAT1000\PkgCatalog.z.
Wednesday, 24 June 2009 1:29:36 PM Info Updater Verifying VS800Det.McS.
Wednesday, 24 June 2009 1:29:36 PM Info Updater Searching available updates for VirusScan 8.0.0.
Wednesday, 24 June 2009 1:29:36 PM Info Updater Product(s) running the latest HotFix 16.
Wednesday, 24 June 2009 1:29:36 PM Info Updater Verifying VSE870Det.McS.
Wednesday, 24 June 2009 1:29:37 PM Info Updater Verifying VSE850Det.mcs.
Wednesday, 24 June 2009 1:29:37 PM Info Updater Updates were not applied because packages were not in the repository: DAT.
8 Replies
Highlighted

RE: DATs suddenly not updating today, please advise if you can

Ok, well McAfee advised it was that issue that somebody mentioned the other day, to do with UNC repositories and the McAfee agent patch 2. I am rolling out the patch they advised for .1444 hope that sorts it.
Highlighted

Yup, the updated agent does fix the problem.

No point for anyone to deploy version 1421, waste of time.
Highlighted

where to get the patch .1444 ?
Highlighted

McAfee Agent 4.0.0 - Ver 4.0.0 Hotfix 481806
Highlighted

Oh........ its at the bottom of that page.
thanks

Besides, I have a question about VSE8.7i patch 1.
I have VSE8.7i checked in on my ePO then I checked in the patch 1 and notice that the Hotfix 1 is added. However, there is a hotfix 464768 within the patch 1 package. the document mention that "Add the VSE87HF464768.zip package from the temporary folder created in Step 1 to your repository", is it just check in the hotfix in the software page?
Highlighted

Yup, it was there today, that's a positive thing, when I checked there the other day it was not listed there happy It was only available from service portal, which I missed.

I am glad they have taken the step of listing it there, it should hopefully save people the trouble I had
Highlighted

Yup, you need to check in Patch 1, then also check in that hotfix in the same way. Just as a patch.

Also, while you are doing that stuff, you may as well check in the full repackage installation which has patch 1 built into it. I would highly recomend that also actually.
Highlighted

Just as a further word of warning on this one.

Agent version 1421 was working perfectly in my environment for just over 2 weeks.
Everything was well until this morning, then nearly every PC gave error message above.

So yea, I thought I was safe, but wasn't.

I recomend to avoid installing 1421 at all costs, if you are running it I recomend to upgrade to 1444, before you see a problem.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community