Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

DAT version numbers prefixed with 4.0.

Hello. I'm currently trialling ePo 4 on a small number of machines and am stumped by a version number reporting issue.

Most of the test stations correctly report the DAT version, e.g. 5516.000, but a small number report the number in a different way, e.g. 4.0.5516, instead. This makes the compliance reports look as if clients are non-compliant when they do in fact have the correct DATs.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

(Please remember I'm a complete newb to ePo and have only had it installed for a couple of days.)

Thanks,

Kevin.
Labels (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted

RE: DAT version numbers prefixed with 4.0.

That is the old way of reporting the DAT version, and there was a problem with this over a year ago now. I cant remember exactly what fixed it, but I think it was either an engine upgrade or agent upgrade.
What agent/ engine are you running ?
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Hi challiwag,

Thanks for answering; I'm running Agent 3.6.0 and Engine 5300.2777. Strangely it seems to have corrected itself over the weekend with them all showing 5520.0000 now and none at 4.0.5520.
Highlighted

Good news 🙂
I would look at upgrading your agent anyway, MA 4.0 Patch 1 is the latest I think.
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Sure thing, though I think I'll wait until I upgrade the trial to the real deal before rolling Agent 4 out.

Thanks for your help happy
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community