Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

DAT's will not update from "Update Now" or "Run client task now"

I have a client that will not update the McAfee VirusScan 8.8 DAT files. It will not update now the scheduled task I have set to run on this group of clients. It will not update when I choose the "Update Now" DAT files or if I do a "Run Task Now" on the client from ePO. It is still reporting to ePO but no updates occur. I do have many other clients running the same set of tasks  that are working fine. I have attached the McAfee Agent logs below. I have tried replacing the serversitelist.xml and also tried re-deploying the McAfee Agent. Has anyone seen this before?

Client is running the following:

VSE 8.8.0.975

Agent 4.6.0.3122

ePO 4.6.6

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12
Message 2 of 5

Re: DAT's will not update from "Update Now" or "Run client task now"

regsvr32 /s c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan enterprise\vsupdate.dll

usually fixes this

or, with psexec

psexec \\hostname regsvr32 /s c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan enterprise\vsupdate.dll

And then try an update from ePO

Cheers,

Phil

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the response. I tried running regsvr32 /s c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan enterprise\vsupdate.dll and then tried to update from ePO and it still does not work.

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 4 of 5

I also see this error in the Agent log:

#1984 UpdEvents Generating update event:EventId=2402:Severity=0:ProductId=EPOAGENT3000:Locale=0409:UpdateType=N/A:UpdateError=26:NewVersion=N/A:DateTime=N/A

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 5 of 5

Of course I meant:

regsvr32 /s "c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan enterprise\vsupdate.dll"

Probably less hassle to uninstall Virusscan and McAfee Agent and reinstall than to try to figure why it isn't working.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community