BKS_Nesrine
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

DAT not updating on client machine

Jump to solution

hi,

Our client has a problem with the System proxy of the machine where the Epo server is installed, it does not retrieve the updates automatically knowing that the machine does not connect to the internet, and each time we try to configure the system proxy settings they do not apply on the machine. so i want to  change the configuration in the parameters of the ePO server so that the McAfee agents can go and retrieve the updates directly from the Internet while waiting to resolve this proxy problem.

Could you please help me how to configure the agent to retreive update directly from internet?

Thanks in advance

Best regards 

nesrine

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: DAT not updating on client machine

Jump to solution

Hello @BKS_Nesrine 

Thanks for your post.

I would suggest to change the repository policy from ePO .

Policy Catalog-McAfee Agent-Repository-Duplicate The policy and make HTTPS on first place Save the policy.

Go to the System Tree-Select the machine-Actions-Agent-Modify/Edit policy on Single System-Edit Assignment-Break inheritance-Drop down and select the policy and Save it.

After that send wake up agent call to the machine and policy will get change.

To verify the policy on client machine you can open the VSE console and and from there you can check the repository policy.

I am assuming that the communication is fine.

Also you can try checking the proxy in Internet Explorer if client machine and in ePO Server you can check it from Server Settings.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

BKS_Nesrine
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution
HI, Tha,k you for your reply, How i can make HTTPS on first place Save the policy ( REFERENTIEL). below the capture

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Not sure why you want machines directly to pull updates from Internet when we have local ePO repository have.

From MA repository policy->Use order in repository list. select ePO_<machine name> and click 'MOVE to bottom'.

6 Replies
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @BKS_Nesrine 

Thanks for your post.

I would suggest to change the repository policy from ePO .

Policy Catalog-McAfee Agent-Repository-Duplicate The policy and make HTTPS on first place Save the policy.

Go to the System Tree-Select the machine-Actions-Agent-Modify/Edit policy on Single System-Edit Assignment-Break inheritance-Drop down and select the policy and Save it.

After that send wake up agent call to the machine and policy will get change.

To verify the policy on client machine you can open the VSE console and and from there you can check the repository policy.

I am assuming that the communication is fine.

Also you can try checking the proxy in Internet Explorer if client machine and in ePO Server you can check it from Server Settings.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

BKS_Nesrine
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution
HI, Tha,k you for your reply, How i can make HTTPS on first place Save the policy ( REFERENTIEL). below the capture

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

You wanted to setup McAfee 'http repository' on Top repository list and wanted to download updates from Internet than local repositories?

BKS_Nesrine
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

I want to download update dirctely from internet, where can i do modification

Capture.PNG

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Not sure why you want machines directly to pull updates from Internet when we have local ePO repository have.

From MA repository policy->Use order in repository list. select ePO_<machine name> and click 'MOVE to bottom'.

BKS_Nesrine
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I want the machine pull update from internet directly because the machine where the server epo, is installed is not connected to internet ( proxy problem) so It can not bring update. Its why i want the client machine pull update from internet.

Best regards,

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community