Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Custom Tags disappearing

We have just started using custom Tags against systems in our environment. I have noticed any custom Tag applied to a system will disappear when a system is removed from ePO. This can happen by either running a task like "inactive agents" or just manually removing the system (without removing agent". The next time the system calls back to ePO we noticed that it will then only have the "workstation" tag and not the custom one. We are trying to us Tags for Drive Encryption and want Tags to remain on a system and not disappear.

Does anyone know if this is by design or an actual bug.?

Thanks

2 Replies
JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Custom Tags disappearing

This is by design - tags are assigned to machines inside the ePO database, and when the machine is deleted from ePO its entry is removed from the DB, along with anything assigned to it. (The same thing would happen with task and policy assignments.)

HTH -

Joe

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Custom Tags disappearing

Joe,

Thanks for your quick answer. I was fearing that this would be the answer. We are trying to using Tags to apply different encryption policies. It know means that I have to be more careful when removing systems from ePO.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community