Did you mean: 
C_A
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Creating and importing tags with criteria to McAfee ePO 5.10

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, I searched the site and haven't found an answer yet,

I have a large list of parameters and I want to import them into ePO as a Tag with built-in criteria instead of creating one by one, several hundred ..

Does anyone have a solution or an idea?

Thanks in advance

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Re: Creating and importing tags with criteria to McAfee ePO 5.10

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, we don't support creating your own xml to import.  You can try, based on some you create in epo and export, but if anything goes wrong with applying them or errors around it, we won't support troubleshooting it and would require they be manually created.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
awbattelle
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi, 

It is not an issue to export tags with all their respective criteria from one ePO to another, so, I'm trying to understand what exactly you are talking about.

Do you mean you want to pre-create the criteria without using ePO? 

Please advise.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
C_A
Level 8
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

this is a newly installed ePO, and now I want to create a list of tags with new criteria, no existing ePO with a list of tags that can be exported and imported

LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi C_A,

I understand you are trying to import some custom parameters into EPO. However, where exactly are you trying to import in EPO. You can only export/import existing tags including the custom Tag one.

Again you cannot import custom parameters into Tag catalog.  

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

awbattelle
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

You can always create a custom query. Then run a Server Task to Apply the tag according to your custom criteria. Then add an action(s) to the task..

Was my reply helpful?
C_A
Level 8
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Thanks for the response

I'm trying to create a custom tags list including criteria, importing this list is not the problem, I want to create the whole list and then import instead of creating 100 tags, I don't mean to import custom parameters but based on existing parameters, for example I can create a tag with Subnet criterion, and I can also export it and import it to another ePO, but I want to create a list of 100 Subnets in advance and then import to ePO

awbattelle
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hmmmmm. 

Well, it seems to me, that you are going to have to do the work anyway. You might as well just bite the bullet and build them all inside ePO. Then you will have them forever.

So, I gather you are doing this for sorting purposes? You can also use OUs to sort in ePO. And of course, you can enter IP ranges or subnets, directly into the System Tree Group Details.

Maybe if you explain exactly what the purpose is, the community may be able to help you find an easier way to do it?

Was my reply helpful?
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, we don't support creating your own xml to import.  You can try, based on some you create in epo and export, but if anything goes wrong with applying them or errors around it, we won't support troubleshooting it and would require they be manually created.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community