Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Controlling of removeable media through EPO4.6.5

Dear All,

Is there posssible to block removeable media like (USB) and straminig media format like(wmv,mp3 etc) from Mcafee product through EPO 4.6.5.

5 Replies

Re: Controlling of removeable media through EPO4.6.5

Hi Furqan Ahmed,

see this post for details about "secureing removable media":

https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/blog/2010/05/10/practical-solutions-for-securin...

To block specific file, you may use Virusscan Enterprise for a simple solution:

ePO -> Policy Catalog -> Virusscan 8.8 -> Access Protection Policies -> New Policy / or modify one -> then:

- Enable access protection

- User-defined Rules: New Rule

- Rule name: *.mp3

- Processes to include: *

- File or folder name to block: *.mp3

- File actions to prevent: All

You may block removable media also with Microsoft onboard posibilities (GPOs) und block unwanted files also by fileserver management-tools (included in your server os).

See: http://www.petri.co.il/disable_usb_disks_with_gpo.htm

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

Hi Daniel,

thanx for the reply , i will tell you when the deployment and access protection rulehas been  implented.

Regards

Furqan

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Hi Daniel,

I have configure the access protection rule and block the straminmg media content at client side, is there any possibility to block windows games likes free cell, heart etc and is that possible to block flash game at client side fom macfee product.

Regards

Furqan Ahmed

Hi Furqan,

you may block any file you want, just type in the "exe"-name of the file - for example: winword.exe - but i think better is, to use "unwanted programs" (PUPs) within virusscan and

define it there.

There is no way to block flash-games, as i know.

You also may not distinguish games/other flash applications, as i know (with virusscan enterprise).

Maybe you could block all flash content for specific user-groups with a gpo.

For example:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2008/05/30/adobe-flash-how-to-disable-and-enable-in-ie-...

Maybe McAfee offers other solutions for this - anyone in this forum knows about it?

regards

Daniel

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Hi Daniel,

Thanx for the reply,i have successfully block the windows games by using above mention method.

Regards

Furqan Ahmed

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community