cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Configuring DNS on ePO 5.9

Jump to solution
Can someone tell me where I can view the DNS configuration on ePO 5.9?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 7

Re: Configuring DNS on ePO 5.9

Jump to solution

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?  Typically dns servers are configured on the NIC in properties.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Please paraphrase your question. You want to see DNS configuration in ePO?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

ePO 5.10 server settings --> ePO server public settings. Where do I find similar in 5.9 and I assume that is where you configure the Enterprise DNS servers?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

The ePO 5.10 server setting 'McAfee ePO Server Public DNS' is only used for ePO servers deployed to a cloud service virtual environment.

This is an extract from the ePO 5.10 installation guide to help explain the usage case:

Cloud services installation workflow

Set up a cloud services account and configure your virtual environment to run cloud services with McAfee ePO.

1.Set up a cloud services account and configure these items:
   ◦Virtual server to use as your McAfee ePO server
   ◦Virtual SQL Server
   ◦Security Group

2.Assign an elastic IP address to each virtual server.
3.From a management computer, use Remote Desktop to connect to the virtual McAfee ePO server.
4.From McAfee.com, copy the McAfee ePO software to the virtual McAfee ePO server.
5.From the McAfee ePO server, run the setup utility.

6.Using a remote browser, log on to McAfee ePO using https://< elastic IP / DNS of virtual McAfee EPO server >:<port>.
   ◦Update McAfee ePO Server Public DNS in Server Settings with elastic IP address or DNS of virtual McAfee ePO server.
   ◦Update Published DNS name or the IP address of Agent Handler (if any) with elastic IP address or DNS of virtual Agent Handler server.
   ◦Create a McAfee Agent deployment URL or extract the McAfee Agent deployment package.

7.Choose a deployment method to deploy McAfee Agent.
8.Confirm that systems are managed by ensuring that McAfee Agent can successfully connect to McAfee ePO.

I see no equivalent setting for ePO 5.9.1

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?  Typically dns servers are configured on the NIC in properties.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution
Thank you for the response. I now understand a little better how McAfee firewall works on the endpoint
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Thank you.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community