Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FA1
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Common/Core Catalog - Update or Remove?

Dear All,

coming from upd 9 we would like to upgrade our on-prem ePO to 5.10 upd 10. The installer advices that we need to either remove or updte the extension Common catalog  and Core catalog.

Since I inhereted the system, I have no idea what this thing does but I would have simply updated it to the latest version for simplicity's sake. However, I am unable to locate the extension update on either of the two pages that come to my mind.

Hence, I am wondering how to establish whether it is needed at all. At this time we are using only

• FRP
  • DLP

I currently see one definition in the Common Catalog section but it is completely empty. 

My question is hence two-fold.

1. Where do I find updates to this extension?
  2. How do I best determine whether any of the products that we use depends on this extension?

Thank you very much in advance!

5 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Common/Core Catalog - Update or Remove?

few products use it indeed, DLP, FRM, MAR...etc

you can find it directly on the software catalog or the download page, it is zipped under the DLP extension

1.png

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

FA1
Level 10
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the quick reply!

Unfortunately Common Catalog is not available in our Software Catalog.

Hence I downloaded both DLP zips, one from the Update page and one from the Product downloads page. both of them contain the below files.

• mfs-commonui-core-common-1.3.0.258.zip
  • mfs-commonui-core-rest-1.3.0.258.zip

These are however either not the correct modules not the correct version.

The installer of ePO 5.10 update 10 sees the below versions on our system and requires them to be updated.

• Core Catalog 2.0.4.128 (coreCatalog) -requires Core Catalog 2.0.5.19
  • Catalog Framework 2.0.4.128 (catalogFramework) -requires Catalog Framework 2.0.5.19

Thanks again!

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

if the software catalog show other software then please open a service request with support and we can hand those extensions to you.

if the catalog doenst show any software then please ensure the ePO server can reach our site epo.mcafee.com on port 443

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

FA1
Level 10
Message 5 of 6

The Software Catalog is fairly up-to-date with regards to the other products. However, I noticed that I cannot get to epo.mcafee.com via a browser. I am going to have the network team check access to the URL.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

you wont be able to access it via browser but ensure you can update it by clicking the refresh button on the top right corner of the software Catalog

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community