Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erez
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: Client tasks are failing/Wakeup Agent

Hey @Atanas,

Since you tried to help me with this, so just wanted to let you know that I have checked with lots of port scanners and it doesn't seem that port 8081 is open, I opened a new service request, but thanks anyway for trying to help!

FYI, that one machine that the wakeup call did work on, was the agent that's installed on the EPO server itself

erez
Level 8
Message 12 of 14

Hey Guys,

Thought to update this thread with the answer I got from the relevant tech team,

After checking this with him it seems that there is no issue and Client tasks that are failing/Wakeup Agent failing are according to the support a common issue that McAfee is dealing with.

And a workaround and best practice according to him is doing the following:

when selection system, action --> agent --> edit tasks on a single system --> create a "new client task assignment" that would run immediately.

when doing this we saw that it does get received on the client.

Thank you all.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 14

Hello erez

would it be ok for you to share that SR number with me? maybe a private message?

Regards

Alejandro

erez
Level 8
Message 14 of 14

Hey! sure, I just sent you in private message.

Thanks.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community