Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Client task deploy ENS schedule

Jump to solution

I am looking to deploy ENS 10.7 to our estate, but spread out a bit so it doesn't flood the network

At the moment the client task is set up as the following :-

Schedule Daily every 1 days

Start at 08:00

Run at that time, and then repeat until 07:59

During repeat, start task every 1 hour

Enable randomization 4 hours 0 minutes

I copied these from another task but thinking I may need to change the randomization value?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Client task deploy ENS schedule

Jump to solution

That schedule won't work because you are randomizing greater time frame than the schedule runs.  You are running it every hour, but randomizing it 4 hours.  Every hour is pretty aggressive, you only need to run it once or twice a day.  I would suggest running it a couple of times, with 2 hour randomization and even that is spread out quite a bit, depending on how many systems you are managing.  If you have a large environment, you can also set up a couple of distributed repositories to offload some of the update traffic to those instead of epo or agent handlers.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

That schedule won't work because you are randomizing greater time frame than the schedule runs.  You are running it every hour, but randomizing it 4 hours.  Every hour is pretty aggressive, you only need to run it once or twice a day.  I would suggest running it a couple of times, with 2 hour randomization and even that is spread out quite a bit, depending on how many systems you are managing.  If you have a large environment, you can also set up a couple of distributed repositories to offload some of the update traffic to those instead of epo or agent handlers.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Level 10
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks, I will tweak that slightly then!

Our environment is small to medium, 5000 endpoints although lots of laptops and remote sites, I will get the network guys to sort me out a list of sites so I can set up some extra repositories 🙂

Just another question, if a machine already has ENS 10.7.2000 does the November update only need to download the data for the 'patch' or does it still do a full install?  There used to be a full package and a hotfix package in the old days but it always seems to be a full package these days

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

It all depends on how the ENS team packages their packages.  If it is available as a patch only, then it would go out via update, but if only available as full install, then it would need to go via deployment.  You can also compare what is in software manager vs the download site, as sometimes new packages may be available on download page, but not yet posted on software catalog.  That also is up to each point product for when they want to post in software manager/catalog.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community