Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitbd
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Client Task - Suggestions

Hi,

I have tried to configure server task that install ENS to all hosts without ENS.

the issue is that I got now a lot of server tasks with status IN PROGRESS.

my question:

- if I configure a client task that install ENS every day. what happend when client with ens will communicate with the EPO ? the EPO will try to deploy the ENS again ?

- if I get a workstation with ENS, and the user have deleted the ENS, the EPO will install the ENS again in the next client task ?

Thanks,

Amit

2 Replies
Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Client Task - Suggestions

Hi amitbd

You ask the following questions:

• - if I configure a client task that install ENS every day. what happend when client with ens will communicate with the EPO ? the EPO will try to deploy the ENS again ?

Here the ENS Products detection script will run and find the already active install, if the version being sent to the client is older then or equal to the version on the client then nothing more will happen.
If the version is higher then the ENS install will run and upgrade the older product.
You would need to speak with the ENS team about any concerns they have with this, I am aware that some of the older versions of ENS can fail this process under certain conditions.

• - if I get a workstation with ENS, and the user have deleted the ENS, the EPO will install the ENS again in the next client task ?

The answer here is yes, the ENS software will be reinstalled as per your policy/the tasks configuration.

With respect to the tasks 'in progress', the following maybe of value to you.
Please review each in turn to ensure that one or the other fits with your scenario:
(Please feel free to use them as a check list to be sure if wish)

• ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1 or 5.3 server tasks do not expire after reaching abort time
    Technical Articles ID: KB83384
  • Server task configured to execute the 'Run Client Task Now' task, might run indefinitely, or get stuck 'In Progress'
    Technical Articles ID: KB85013
  • Server task configured to execute the 'Run Client Task Now' task, might run indefinitely, or get stuck 'In Progress'
    Technical Articles ID: KB85013

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: Client Task - Suggestions

To add to what Hawkmoon stated, there is a known issue, depending on what version of ENS you are deploying and the method you are using.  See KB90510 - Product Deployment completes and installs Endpoint Security Threat Prevention on the endpoint but the status shows Running on the Product Deployment page.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community