Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 16

Client 5.6.3.157 not showing in console

Greetings,

I just updated my client to 5.6.3.157 through software catalog.  (updated agent key, agent for windows, credentials, bus cert and of course the extension).

I pushed the client to one computer.  The system says it's updated but the console doesn't reflex that - it still shows  client 5.6.1.308.

I clicked "collect and send" and "send events", i also woke up the agent (successfully) and it was successful in the sever task log.

My EPO is version 5.10.0.2428 with update 5.

Just for fun - I created a FramePkg and manually installed Client 5.6.3.157 (the manual installation showed in the Console.  I was able to successful pushed Endpoint 10.7.0.1285.  The console shows the correct client and endpoint versions.

Not being able to see which client is loaded on my systems through console is going to be quite the challenge.

15 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 16

Re: Client 5.6.3.157 not showing in console

Hello @jjmcpu,

Could you please delete the system from system tree and from local machine do a collect and send props , let me know if the systems is reporting correct details?

Also could you please verify on the client system locally if the agent version is updated to the latest one.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Highlighted
Level 9
Message 3 of 16

Hi,

I removed the system from EPO and initiated “collect and send props” and “send events”  on the client

The client version updated EPO.

On another system I pushed the client – it still doesn’t show the proper client version in EPO but does show it on the client.  On that system I “collect and send props” and “send events” the “About” shows the agent-to-server communication is correct (as in it’s recent).

I hope there is a better solution than to delete the system from EPO.

Thanks for your assistance.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 16

Please open case with support.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 16

Hi jjmcpu,

Defect is already open and an investigation is going on.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92203&locale=en_US

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Level 9
Message 6 of 16

Hi,

I put in a service request (Service Request # 4-20524798732) and am awaiting a call back.

The KB article referenced did not solve the issue.

thanks

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 16

Hello @jjmcpu ,

Thank you for logging the case with us. I have updated this case with the engineering details.

Our Engineering team is actively working on this for resolution, till that time the workaround will resolve the issue.

also regarding the KB92203, we have to create the task for wakeup agents for regular intervals and it will be updating the details over the time. It might take day or two.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Highlighted

We have exactly the same issue.

When either updating the agent manually with an updated FramePKG or pushing via ePO, the only way to get the agent to report  the correct  product versions is to delete from the system tree and then perform a collect and send props from the device.

We have also noticed that this is the same for MNE. When upgrading from 4.1.5 to 5.0.1 The product version stays blank until you delete the the system from the system tree and perform a wake-up call.

Not great!!

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 9 of 16

Update for others

Over the weekend I pushed out client 5.6.3.157 for all system (approx 500) after testing the client works.

Note: client version wasn't showing in console so I had to verify from client system.

Some systems did show the proper client in the console but 90% after pushing did not show the installed client in the EPO console.

Over the weekend I also had a task to "wake-up" my clients every few hours as suggested in KB92203.

The final outcome Monday morning:

Of 500 systems, 400 updated and displayed the proper version.

100 still do not show the proper version but half of those systems were powered off.  I've modified my "wake up task" to only "wake up" those systems that haven't displayed the correct version every couple hours.

Can I call this a solution?  NO - but the workaround seems to work - clearly not ideal.

Hope this helps someone.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 16

As previously stated, there is a fix being worked on, but not yet available.  As a workaround, in the system tree columns, try using agent version (deprecated) instead of agent product version to see if that shows properly.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community