Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Checking in patch 8 package on ePO

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've checked in the Install of McAfee VirusScan 8.8.0.1588 on my organization's ePO.

I wanted to know if it is correct to download the installer of Patch 8 and then check in it's package to deploy to machines that are using the Patch 7.

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Checking in patch 8 package on ePO

Jump to solution

You can just patch the machines to Patch 8, if they are already running VSE 8.8 Patch 4 (or later).  (that's this package:  VSE880P8.zip)

To deploy VSE 8.8 Patch 8 to a machine that never had VSE 8.8 before, use the full install package (VSE880LMLRP8.zip).

Full details are available here:  https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87328

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

You can just patch the machines to Patch 8, if they are already running VSE 8.8 Patch 4 (or later).  (that's this package:  VSE880P8.zip)

To deploy VSE 8.8 Patch 8 to a machine that never had VSE 8.8 before, use the full install package (VSE880LMLRP8.zip).

Full details are available here:  https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87328

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Also make sure that the extension are updated to 8.8.0.511.

Refer KB51111

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Michael Blower and mariyappa,

Thanks for replying! But I think that I wasn't able to better explain what I need.

I already have the VirusScan 8.8.0.1588 checked in on the current branch and the Management Extension version 8.8.0.511.

So I was trying to update the machines that already have the VirusScan installed with patch 7 to patch 8.

But when I try to "Update Now" those systems, it didn't install the patch 8.

So I downloaded the VSE880P8.zip package from the ePO and tried check in to use on a Client Task, but it didn't appear to install...

What is the best way to update that patch using ePO? Or I am supposed to update that patch manually?

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
Highlighted

Jump to solution

When you checked in the VSE880P8.zip, it should have asked you if you wanted to add it to global update list.  You want to make sure this option is selected.  Next, you'll need to go in to your Client Tasks, and make sure that one of the assigned tasks is a Product Update.  In the Product Update task, under "Package types" and then under "Patches and service packs" make sure that a checkbox is selected for VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Ok, let me answer using screenshots:

1.png

2.png

3.png

Package checked in, Product Update selecting all packages. And still no update to Patch 8.

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes, it is clear now.  You are missing the standalone Patch 8 package.  See my screenshot:

MasterRepo.jpg

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Michael Blower,

But that's the problem. How did you get that package?

I downloaded the VSE880P8.zip file and checked in. Tried to update a machine selecting all packages and nothing changed there.

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Michel Blower,

Nevermind. It seems that the guy that I asked looked the properties of the McAfee product too soon.

It worked =]

Thanks!

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community