cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Changing the ePO DB password

I need to change the ePO DB password and have seen several KB articles that relates to troubleshooting problems after changing the password. Is there a KB that actually provide the procedure for changing an existing working DB password, in a network with remote and DMZ agent handlers?
4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changing the ePO DB password

See KB70722 for how to reset the password in sql (if using sql authentication) and epo server.  For agent handlers, just run the setup again for it and choose modify to reset credentials.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

So based on that KB there is no need to stop and start services or copy and paste the encrypted password to the DB folders? 

Thanks for your response.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

You will need to restart services when you update the password in the console core\config.  And no, do not copy the password hash.  New versions of epo seed that differently and it is unique to each install and each agent handler.  So that won't work.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Hello @User80967331 ,

Yes correct, change the password in db.properties file in epoinstalldirectory\server\conf\orion\

or you can change from epo core\config page, both will work but requires a EPO application service "Tomcat" restart.

To change the SA account password using SQL Server Management Studio 

To open the Database Configuration page for ePO using a web connection:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. Open the Configure Database Settings page. Go to https://<servername>:8443/core/config.

NOTE: If you do not use the default port (8443), substitute the console logon port you configured. You can use a specific server name in the previous example only if you can resolve that name in your environment. 

3. Under Configure Database Settings, modify the following entries as needed:

• Database server
    • Server instance
    • Database name
    • Authentication type
    • User name
    • User password
NOTE: If you change any of the above entries, make sure that you click Test Connection (lower-right corner). The test verifies that the connection to the database is successful with the new settings before continuing.
  1. Click Apply.
  2. Restart the ePolicy Orchestrator Application Server service:
    1. Press Windows+R, type services.msc, and click OK.
    2. Right-click the following services and select Restart:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Application Server
      McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Server
      McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Event Parser

3. Verify the ePO console loads.
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community