Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
securemc
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Change default RSD subnet

Hello

I see 10 subnets with /24 in my uncovered detected systems subnets. If I want to implement RSD, I have to install a rogue sensor on each system separately (20 systems) but I want to have only one subnet (change current subnet mask) and as a result be able to install only one single rogue sensor.How can I do this?

for example when I import a subnet with /16 it is not shown in my subnets!

Thanks

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Change default RSD subnet

The sensors report subnets they discover based on subnet mask they see in the traffic on the network.  You should not have to install a sensor on all your systems.  You can either install one on each actual subnet in your environment, or install it on a dhcp server that covers all subnets.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

securemc
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your response.

I meant I don't want to dedicate a system for rouge sensor in each subnet.We have 20 subnets,for example databases,Applications,Infra,lab and other subnets.My current discovered network subnets which is shown in uncovered subnets are:

192.168.1.0/24 : Application Subnet ,192.168.2.0/24 Database Subnet , 192.168.3.0/24 lab Subnet , ...... 192.168.20.0./24 VOIP Subnet

I want to change the above subnets to only one subnet 192.168.0.0/16 and then install rouge sensor only on one system.Isn' it possible?

Thanks in advance

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

How do you plan on changing the subnets?  Here is how these subnets can get populated in the detected systems pages:

Uncovered subnets don’t have any active sensors on them. Subnets that are uncovered do not report
information about detected systems to the McAfee ePO server. However, there might be managed
systems on this subnet that are being reported on through other means, such as agent-server
communication.

So you might want to look for any existing systems in epo console that have one of those subnet IP's.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

securemc
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

I know all you mentioned about subnets and sensors in each subnets. I know I should install rouge sensor on one system in each subnet. I am looking for a way to clear all subnets and define only a subnet myself. I don't want the default subnets which is shown in uncovered subnets. My purpose is to define only one subnet instead of current auto detected subnets. I am looking for a way to change all 192.168.1.0/24,192.168.2.0/24  ...... to 192.168.0.0/16 and then I will choose a system to install rouge sensor.Isn't it possible?

thanks

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

No it is not possible.  The agent and rsd report the subnets they are on and see on network.  You can't change that.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community