cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cant select Endpoint security evaluation branch on McAfee agent policies

Jump to solution

I have recently started to migrate my Virus Scan Enterprise products to Endpoint Security.

The deployment through software deployment tolos is working great, but now I want to define a few groups on evaluation branch, and others in current.

The point is that I have approbed all packages and extensions related with Enpoit Security, but when I try to edit the McAfee agent general policies to change the branch, I can't find Endpoint Security for Windows products on the list....

On the attached picture you can see what I get...

Thank you for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Re: Cant select Endpoint security evaluation branch on McAfee agent policies

Jump to solution

Hi @Random_user,

Good question, and @ChrisQ is spot on!!!

This change is due to the fact that McAfee will no more release patch updates for ENS that can work with product update task. Since you are setting this up for future "Update" tasks, you will not see such an option listed, because the future released of ENS cannot be performed via an "update" task and they also will be requiring an "upgrade" task! More information can be found below on our release cycle:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51560

Hence, this is expected behavior! I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can not migrated VSE to ENS via client product update task. It has to be done via client product deployment task

Create a new Client product deployment task, select the required ENS modules/ schedule the time and push it.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

Jump to solution
Thats what I'm doing actually.

But I also want to set the branches for future deployments, and I cant see that option.... I have seen examples on this fórum that show that options that are not getting showed to me:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/1949iA3CECDA816B80DD9/image-size/large?v=1...

You can see how it shows Endpoint Security products...
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Have you got ENS 10.7? 

The list is for patches and service packs, and I don't think there are any for 10.7

I have 10.6.1 and 10.7, and the options are only there for 10.6.1

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Random_user,

Good question, and @ChrisQ is spot on!!!

This change is due to the fact that McAfee will no more release patch updates for ENS that can work with product update task. Since you are setting this up for future "Update" tasks, you will not see such an option listed, because the future released of ENS cannot be performed via an "update" task and they also will be requiring an "upgrade" task! More information can be found below on our release cycle:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51560

Hence, this is expected behavior! I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Random_user,

Also, if you are using ENS 10.6.1, if you are in December update, this option is unnecessary, however if you are in an older version and due to some change management restriction, you cannot perform an upgrade, then we do have released hotfixes/patches in the past specific to certain versions that can help you perform a product update.

For example, all our users using ENS 10.6.1 versions older than May update can move to May update using a product Update task and to have that option, you need to check in the May update package into the branch! However, I would presume this would be an unnecessary task in your case if you are not in such old versions!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community