cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sync EPO with Active Directory EPO5.10

I have been going insane trying to figure out why I can't sync AD. 

This is the output from the Server Task log: 

8/6/19 10:42:46 AMStarted: Synchronizing 1 groups
8/6/19 10:42:46 AMSynchronizing 1 synchronized groups
8/6/19 10:42:48 AMSynchronization point My Organization failed to connect to Active Directory server SKWISOEPO, user: null
8/6/19 10:42:48 AMActive Directory/NT Domain Synchronization (Synchronized 0 groups)

I have done the following troubleshooting steps:

Ensure NetBios over TCP is enabled. 

Registered LDAP server; Test Succeeds

Tried syncing with LDAP server and then tried with domain and credentials. 

Tried different credentials.

Set application service to run with Domain credentials.

Ensured TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 are on.

I am able to browse the container and add root.

One other thing of note is when I try adding systems individually I receive the 

Failed to enumerate domains, authentication required. For more information, see KB70414.

Other note: Creating the Agent package and installing it on systems manually still does add them to system tree.

2 Replies

Issue has to do with changing the Hostname

I reverted to an earlier snapshot before I changed the hostname and joined the domain and didn't change the hostname. It works now, but I wonder what I missed when changing the hostname. I changed the DB name, some config files, but I guess there is something I missed.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Issue has to do with changing the Hostname

We would need to know specifically what you changed in config files - what was changed and what config files and where and how was the db name changed? And why did you change the db name if only the host name was changed?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community