cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't select Create url for client-side download

We're in the process of migrating from SaaS to ePO.  We're running the ePO 5.7.0 Cloud version.  I'm attempting to create a custom installer using the reference here.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/25000/PD25493/en_US/...

However I do not see the "Create url for client-side agent download" The only option I have is "Create Agent Deployment URL for Group (My Organization)

Any idea why that is missing? 

For the time being i've selected the URL and i've downloaded a McAfeeSmartInstall.exe.  This file is only 769 KB.  I've been able to install the agent silently with the /s command.  I was hoping that the client-side agent download would give me a McAfeeSmartInstall.exe would give me an offline version of the package so PCs don't have to download from the ePO server.

The manual I linked above mentioned peer-to-peer services.  The instructions for that let you enable the peer-to-peer communications on a single device and then enable the serving.  If i wanted EVERY Workstation to enable peer-to-peer.. is there an easier way to just make the change on my system tree and not on an individual basis?

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Can't select Create url for client-side download

I did some additional digging and found that the mcAfee Default Policy settings have Peer-to-Peer enabled.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community