I see more feedback and I really appreciate it, I will answer your questions soon, but first I want to throw in this update.
I built a second Windows 2019 server figuring server networking is different than the workstation jazz
The server passed the Start\Run: \\serverName\ADMIN$ mapping without prompting for creds from the ePO server so that got me excited
I then tried to deploy an ePO agent from the ePO server to the new server and no dice the the Server Task Log just says deploying and it can sit like that for ever with no status change
oh well just an update for you
The below error just throwing because EPO services might not have started properly. If you have installed CU6, check if you can see the update folder under <ePO install directory>.
Just curious to know if CU6 installed successfully or did you get any error during an installation.
If you have installed CU6, check if you can see the update folder under <ePO install directory>.
I see this mate:
C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\updates\CU-6
First thank you all so much for trying to help or I should say helping I really really do appreciate it
"The below error just throwing because EPO services might not have started properly."
what specific services do you speak of and can they all be seen and managed via the Services MMC, as I have played this game before with other products that only listen to secret CLI commands you come up with from thin air, ha ha
here are the three McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator services that I see on my ePO server, note they are all set to Automatic yet last time I checked only the first one was Running I was able to start the second one manually but not the third one, I rebooted and now the first two started but still not the third, error below:
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Application Server
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Event Parser
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Server
the error for the third service is:
The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Server service terminated with the following service-specific error:
so here's an update - and a solution!
after the CU 6 blew up my web console preventing me from logging on I completely removed / uninstalled ePO 5.10.0 from my server including the Database (this is in my lab aka proof of concept environment)
then I reinstalled ePO and this time Checked in the 5.6 Agent into the Master Repository and deployed it successfully to both a Windows 10 Enterprise workstation and another Windows Server 2019
honestly I don't know what fixed it the reinstall of ePO or upgrading the Agent. I did a test after the reinstall with the older 5.4 Agent but it was late at night and I typed in the wrong IP Address of the client machine and so that test was botched
at this point I don't care what fixed it I am just super glad it is finally working - may be a while before I try CU6 again ha ha
super thanks to all of those who have followed along and offered advice
It is really glad to hear. 🙂 CU6 should not blew your EPO. Just an FYI, you do have an option to rollback the same update just in case if it does not go through next time.
To rollback CU6, run the CU6 setup file and select rollback.