cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Superagent wakeup other agents on the client based on a schedule?

Good day all! 

I have a generic question. Imagine a scenario where ePO infrastructure is completely set in a country which provide service to clients in that country as well as the clients in other country (A). For some reason the clients from country A is not able to reach the ePO or its Agent handler via public IP. In this situation, the engineer decided to deploy some Superagents in Country A which will fetch the updates and distribute locally to all clients (say this has given connectivity to ePO directly). 

How to make sure that the policy updates from ePO to clients in country A and also the events from Country A to ePO is communicated? Can this be done using a Superagent? If yes, how to do that? Imagine this case for 250+ laptops which are using public IPs. 

Thanks a ton in Advance. 

Regards, 

Sabarikumar

6 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can Superagent wakeup other agents on the client based on a schedule?

Hi,

When people say 'superagent' they normally mean superagent Distributed repository. Which will only hold content for update not distribute policies or tasks.

You might want to look at Agent relay servers and see if that is something you can use.

Here is a link to docs.mcafee.com about that:
https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/agent-5.6.x-product-guide/page/GUID-AEB1B111-7819-43D4-9837-C138FDC9C...

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thanks for your reply! This information helps. And another query on Relay server is whether it can send events to ePO receiving it from a agent running on a client laptop? Means, if a laptop has some infection detected and that laptop actually doesnt have direct connectivity to ePO and hence couldnt sent the event to it instantly. In this case will a relay server receive this event and send to ePO immediately ?

Also another query is, whether a Distributed repository also can be used as relay server? (Multipurpose)

Thanks in Advance! 

Sabarikumar

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

Yes, such events should be passed on.

You can also configure a relay to be a Distributed repository if you really want - although it's not really necessary under the circumstances. 

Hth,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

You also might want to set up an agent handler, depending on the feasibility of that, whether there would be a high speed connection to database for an ah.

Was my reply helpful?

Is there a limit when it comes to the number of clients which can be provided service by the Relay server? For instance i have around 2000 machines which cannot directly connect to ePO, For this how many super agent relay need to be configured? And will there be any performance hit because of this?
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

That all is relative to how frequent communication is, for one thing.  Apache in epo and agent handlers have a 250 concurrent connection limit, and that is not reached in most cases.  2000 systems doesn't sound like a huge amount - maybe one or 2 relay servers might be sufficient.

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB91096

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community