cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Can I delete instalation files in All Users subfolders?

Hi,

I'm currently administering a set of windows 2000 and 2003 servers, managed by an epolicy orchestrator server.

Some of the servers lack of free space in their system drive ( C: ) and I've found that recently (after a massive upgrade from Viruscan 8.0 to Viruscan 8.5 through a deployment from epo server) some folders have been created, consuming some valuable MB's, such as:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VIRUSCAN8600\Install\0000 --> It holds (apparently) install files for Viruscan 8.5i and patches (approx. 25 MB)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409 --> It holds Framepkg.exe (approx. 3.700 KB)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VSEMAS850000\Install\0000 --> It holds VSE85MAS.exe, installer for antispyware enterprise (260 KB).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VSCANENG1000\Engine\0000 --> 2 files in this folder: engmin.zip (seems to be the compressed file related to antivirus engine) and V2enginstall.mcs. All size approximately 2 MB.

The question is: Can I delete those files? (or any of them)

Thank you in advance.
2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

RE: Can I delete instalation files in All Users subfolders?

You should be OK to remove these files - they are essentially the local copy of the install files for the products installed on the machine. If for any reason the agent needed to reinstall one of the products it would have to download the file(s) from the repo again.

HTH -

Joe
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

RE: Can I delete instalation files in All Users subfolders?

Ok Joe, that was what I thought, but I needed a second oppinion to finally decide what to do.

Thank you.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community