Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Buffer Over Flow

i had update all available update on epo 4x but i had found buffer over flow on some system who had added on system tree. i had see McAfee KnowledgeBase - Buffer Overflow violations after installing VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 4 and McAfee KnowledgeBase - Buffer Overflow violations after installing VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 4 article but my problem had not solved. how can solved my problem ?

See Below orion log

2015-01-23 09:47:11,116 WARN  [mfs:pool-1-thread-6] contentupdate.ContentUpdater  - Failed to lock repository.  Retrying...

2015-01-23 09:47:11,450 WARN  [mfs:pool-1-thread-6] contentupdate.ContentUpdater  - Failed to lock repository.  Retrying...

2015-01-23 09:47:11,784 WARN  [mfs:pool-1-thread-6] contentupdate.ContentUpdater  - Failed to lock repository.  Retrying...

i have a fully internet access. i had checked ping mcafee.com -t but can't update master repo from last night 1 A.M.

1 Reply
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Buffer Over Flow

Hi sriniraula,

As Update Master Repository task is not working, Please check EpoApSvr.log for related error. Please share the log, so that i can check and help you with the further troubleshooting steps.

Also mention the ePO Version.

Regards,

AJ

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community