cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Best way to scan cookies?

I have a couple hundred users who have their cookies all redirected to a network share. When I had cookie scanning turned on on both the server and workstations VirusScan 8.5, the server would cause everyone to slow down, i'm assuming because the quarantine had SO many cookies in it it would go crazy trying to add each additional one after a certain point. Since I turned off cookie scanning on both my servers and workstations, haven't had any more issues. I want to scan cookies, but what's the best way to do that? would it be better to just have the workstations alone do it, that way it will locally quarantine them and not bog down the server?
3 Replies
Highlighted

RE: Best way to scan cookies?

Highlighted

that's it, almost...

That's exactly what I want it to do, just delete the cookies. But is there a way to set that in ePO instead of a reg hack on all my machines?
Highlighted

RE: that's it, almost...

I also want to know too. It seems that this setting control by registry only.
Besides, when you import this key, the VSE may block the action, you may need to stop the service first.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community