cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Are There Any API That Can Help to Edit McAfee ePO Policy?

Jump to solution
I am looking for ePO API that can help to edit policies on McAfee ePO. I tried to find on "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.0 Software Web API Scripting" document but there are nothing. I would like to ask everyone to help me this problem. Does McAfee provided API like this?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Re: Are There Any API That Can Help to Edit McAfee ePO Policy?

Jump to solution

If you want to block Files with MD5 or things happening you may have to use:

MCAFEE TIE Threat Intelligence Server

This is a Black/Whitelisting server solution for blocking malicious files and the ones you think should.

Just a step in that direction because i think you want to do too much.

On the other hand we have the same problem for smaller customer and also for standalone customers who don't have EPO. We try to PUSH an EPO installation because with ENS 10.6 and esp. the IPS Rules we have to keep track of all the things. And with the monthly releases now > Almost like a patch day the API also came to discussion again.

We need to replicate such settings to all our customer and such general rules or exception for all customers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi VietDuc19,

I'm assuming you mean ePO 5.10, not ePO 5.1.0 as that version is no longer supported!

If you take a look at this thread:
https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/ePO-API-Scripting-Guide/m-p/424176

You will find a n offered command you can use to get ePO to list the commands to you directly form ePO.

The following article maybe helpful to you as well.

• Explanation of ePO Web API and where to find Web API documentation
    Technical Articles ID: KB81322

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Hawkmoon

Thank you so much for your reply.

I looked into document and KB that you shared before I create this thread. I found nothing that can help me edit or add more items to rules I defined on policy of ePO.

I will explain my request in detail by pictures:

1. I created a rule named "Block Incident TPS" on "Access Protection" Policy

1.png

2. Now I have a file contains File Name and MD5 Hash. I am looking for API that can help me auto add that File Name and MD5 Hash into Executables (similar to Executables "Block TEST" I defined in the picture bellow):

2.png

Have you any ideas for me to do it. I will be grateful for any help you can give!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I had a quick word with the ENS team about this.

They were not totally sure the ENS portion of this matetr will allow it ... not sure it is an advisable action, the feeling from them I got was it would be an unsafe and so potentially a denied activity accordingly.

An example of the concern would be to add *.exe to the AP deny rule set.
(There has been times such a rule has been added to the AP rule set!) 

Not being an ENS 'head' I can't offer more so I'll suggest/ask that you take the question to them to get them to review and advise as needed. 

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

If you want to block Files with MD5 or things happening you may have to use:

MCAFEE TIE Threat Intelligence Server

This is a Black/Whitelisting server solution for blocking malicious files and the ones you think should.

Just a step in that direction because i think you want to do too much.

On the other hand we have the same problem for smaller customer and also for standalone customers who don't have EPO. We try to PUSH an EPO installation because with ENS 10.6 and esp. the IPS Rules we have to keep track of all the things. And with the monthly releases now > Almost like a patch day the API also came to discussion again.

We need to replicate such settings to all our customer and such general rules or exception for all customers.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you so much everyone for your answers. Your great answers satisfied me.

Once again, thank you so much!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community