cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McDuff
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Anyone experiencing KB92231 Product Updates and Deployments fail with MA 5.6.x?

Greetings,

We're running the now unsupported McAfee Agent 5.0.586 which has been relatively stable.

Our plan was to upgrade to the latest McAfee Agent 5.6.3 but we've come across KBKB92231 https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92231&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f... Product updates and deployments fail after upgrading to McAfee agent 5.6.x

Wondering if anyone has had experience with 5.6.3 and this issue, how often are they seeing it?  To what extent?  How is this impacting their environment? 

Looking for your thoughts on if we should proceed with the upgrade or wait for a fix?

7 Replies
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Re: KBKB92231 MA 5.6.x Product Updates and Deployments fail

Hello @McDuff 

Thanks for the post.

I would like to inform you that yes this is a known issue and would like to inform you that if you encountered the issue you can raise a service request with us to get a POC.

But this issue is not occurring with all the customer who is using MA 5.6.X.

There is a lock and that is causing the issue and because of that there is an issue with the Amcore Update.

If you encountered this issue after the upgrade please open a Service Request with the Support Team.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query! 

McDuff
Level 11
Message 3 of 8

Thank you, and approximately what % of clients are you seeing having the issue?  Any idea what the triggers are for ENS to be doing this?

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Hi @McDuff,

Thank you for your query. I understand your expectation here, however, I am afraid we do not have a specific probability calculated here. In fact we have still many environments running without this issue at all!

A bit more insight on this issue:

What is causing the "lock" on what?

MFEATP.exe is causing the lock on MUE.

How is the lock released?

Reboot or disabled self protection and kill mfeatp.exe (not recommended).

Please note that if ATP is not being used in your environment, you are highly unlikely to face this exact issue and hence may requires a support ticket for further investigation.

The issue seems resolved on 10.6.1 Feb update that was released this Feb 2020 13th. Can you kindly confirm if you are seeing the issue post that as well?

We shall duly update the KBA as issue fixed based on our Customers feedbacks!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for your response.

This is causing by JCM ATP component.

POC is available and restart is also fixing the issue,

In ENS Feb Update this has been merged.

If you are using VSE in that case i believe you will not face this issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query! 

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

We can use workaround: can  reboot  the machine to release the handle lock. Post lock is released, task will continue to work.

McDuff
Level 11
Message 7 of 8

Thanks everyone for the feedback, appreciate it!

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Hello @McDuff  

Glad to assist.

Hope you have a good day!

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community