cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Anybody know how to allow exceptions at client

We are using epo 4.6.7 and we have VSE 8.8 patch 4 installed on our servers.  In some cases, we want to allow the local server administrator to be able to turn off a specific option, or add an additional file exclusion, but we would like to be able to specify which exclusions must be present via the epo server.  For example, on the epo server, we have an exclusion for file C:\ABC\def.exe.  We want all the servers to get that file exclusion, but then, we have some servers where we want to be able to add (from the local server), an additional exclusion, so for file C:\GHI\JK.exe.   Every time a policy enforcement runs, the local exclusion C:\GHI\JK.exe gets removed because it is not in the server policy.  Is there any option we can set for VSE to retain existing client side exclusions?

Thanks

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Anybody know how to allow exceptions at client

Capture.JPG

Message was edited by: Tristan on 22/04/14 14:31:51 IST
Highlighted

Is there any way to do this for Access Protection policy exclusions as well?

Thanks

Highlighted
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Not as far as i can tell.

I only use ePO 4.6, may be someone can confirm if it's possible in ePO 5.0 (I doubt it though).

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community