cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve799
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

An unexpected error occurred when attempting to access Firewall client rules or Firewall Catalogue

Jump to solution

I've inherited our EPO setup so I'm kind of new to ENS

Running 5.10 update 12 and checked to ensure extensions installed appear to meet the requirements for update 12.

I don't think there are many firewall rules active (possibly only just the one that's referenced in the error) so am happy, if the solution is to remove all rules and start again, i just can't get to them to remove. I doubt there's a backup i could import from but again, happy to start again as i believe the existing rule(s) may have been experimental.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error message reads - 

com.mcafee.orion.core.template.db.exception.ExecuteTransactionException:Invalid object name 'FW_Rule'.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: An unexpected error occurred when attempting to access Firewall client rules or Firewall Catalog

Jump to solution

Hi @Steve799 

Thank you for posting in community forum. Could you please let me know if this is happening while accessing any firewall policy or just 'Rules' policy? Could you please try to remove the installed ENS extensions and re-add them and verify if the issue gets resolved?

Ref:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.5.5-installation-guide-macOS/page/GUID-3049920B-...

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and give a Kudo, together we can help other members.

View solution in original post

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: An unexpected error occurred when attempting to access Firewall client rules or Firewall Catalog

Jump to solution

Did you happen to remove any extensions?  Invalid object means something is missing from the database that it expects.  You can re-check in any latest extensions and see if you still get the error.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @Steve799 

Thank you for posting in community forum. Could you please let me know if this is happening while accessing any firewall policy or just 'Rules' policy? Could you please try to remove the installed ENS extensions and re-add them and verify if the issue gets resolved?

Ref:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.5.5-installation-guide-macOS/page/GUID-3049920B-...

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and give a Kudo, together we can help other members.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Did you happen to remove any extensions?  Invalid object means something is missing from the database that it expects.  You can re-check in any latest extensions and see if you still get the error.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community