cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airgap EPO

byright on EPO(no internet) when you click on the Software catalog it should be empty? cause i can see that under server task > Download software product list confirmed it will fail cause the server got no internet. is there a way to manually import the catalog? do you have any link where to download and how to import? or for Airgap EPO(no internet) Software catalog its ok to be blank?
4 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Airgap EPO

I dont believe we have a way of populating this products manually as they are specific to the ePO licence key and your grant number, the download / check is done on the software catalog on epo.mcafee.com

On a side note, what you can do to update the compatibility list of products for your ePO is the following, if that is the end goal:

On an ePO server that has internet access:

1. Go to https://epo.mcafee.com/ProductCompatibilityList.xml.
  2. Log on to the ePO console.
  3. Click Menu, Configuration, Server Settings.
  4. Click Product Compatibility List under the Setting Categories column.
  5. Verify the Current Product Compatibility List date entry. Verify that the Supported Products List is being updated.

if this is is not the end goal please let me know.

rackroyd
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

The software catalog won't function in an air-gapped installation as it requires an internet connection. This would be expected.

However you can still manually download products and extensions for ePO the older way through the downloads site: https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/my-products.html

This site requires your McAfee grant ID and your registered email address for access.

Download what you need on a machine with internet access and then copy across to the ePO server by whichever means are at your disposal.

Product can then be checked in directly to the Master Repository (as can dat content), extensions can be added through the ePO console 'extensions' view. 

Further details are in the ePO product guide.

Hth.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

FYI: The 'DAT' package can be found here:

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-gb/downloads/security-updates.html
"DAT Package For Use with McAfee ePO"

V2, V3 & MEDDAT data is avalible!

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

To know the differences in them, V2 is used with VirusScan and possibly some other products.  V3 contains amcore content for use with ENS.  Meddats are used with ens for Linux and MAC's.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community