Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Agent version after upgrade EPO from 4.0 to 4.6

I thought I read something about this but cannot find the article so hope someone can help me out here.

I plan to upgrade our Epo4.0sp7 server to EPO4.6 . The idea was to upgrade all agents first..but this will not work because Epo4.0 does not support the 4.6 agent. So an second plan would be upgrading the Epo server first and manage the agents upgrade after that.

I thought I  read somewhere that the Agents updates automatically to the newer version after upgrading the server, something I really don’t want to happen!

Can I  upgrade the Epo server 4.0 to 4.6 and leave the agents at version 4.0 ? What happens with the agents on my 1800 servers when the Epo4.6  server upgrade is completed. Will they stay at agent4.0, and can I from here start to upgrade my servers organized scheduled to Agent version 4.6 ?

Thx!

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Agent version after upgrade EPO from 4.0 to 4.6

There will be no automatic upgrades of the agent when you upgrade ePO. Just be sure that you are running an ePO 4.6 supported agent version before you upgrade. See KB69814 for supported agent details.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB69814

McAfee Agent for Windows4.003/29/11+ Patch 34.0.0.236

/Magnus

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community