cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent uninstall from ePO

I know how to do it (plus unchecking the box) but if I wait a bit, the systems rejoin the ePO.  How do I get rid of them permenantly?

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Agent uninstall from ePO

If you are checking the box to remove the agent when you delete a system from epo, one of 2 things will happen (maybe 3).

1. If the agent has been failing to communicate to epo, it will never get the uninstall command, but still will fail to talk to epo unless something were to change on the system, like a reinstall of agent

2. If there are other products installed on the system that use the agent, the agent will not get removed, but it will be put in unmanaged mode so the point products can still get updates from update.nai.com.

3.  If there are no other products installed that use the agent, the agent will get removed.

Out of those 3, the client should not return to epo unless some task, like AD sync, logon script, or other task reinstalls the agent.  If the client shows back up in epo, check frminst log in windows\temp\mcafeelogs to see if an agent install ran.  You can also check the windows application event log for any msiinstaller event that ran for the agent installer.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

The agents are communicating regularly with the ePO and these are the only products installed:

McAfee Agent ( 5.7.2.162)

McAfee DXL Client (6.0.3.278)

I tried making a Client Task to remove the DXL Platform but it says "The selection is not valid for the selected platform: Linux".  All of the systems have a Managed State of Managed.

Thanks!

Aaron

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

When you remove the agent, it should also remove dxl.  Did you remove the system from epo and check the box to remove agent?  Otherwise there is a KB for manually removing agent.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB75550

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Yes I did check the box to remove the agent.  I have over 200 systems and would like to do this from the ePO.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

The only way I know of via epo is to delete the system from epo and ensure the box is checked to remove the agent.  Otherwise there is no way to do this via epo that I know of.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community