Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPF
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Agent deployment failure

Jump to solution

I'm trying to deploy an agent to a Mac but it keeps failing with the current error (it uses port 22 which I noticed I've removed from the screenshot below).

macdeployissue01.png

I'm deploying agent 5.6.5.236 from EPO 5.9.1 to a Mac running Mac OS Catalina (10.15.7), remote login is enabled and allowed for all users. I am using the Mac's root account for the deploy agent task credentials.

If I manually install the agent using terminal from the root account this works okay.

I can also deploy an older agent 5.0.6.347 successfully to a Mac running El Capitan 10.11.6 from the server so I thought this was down to pscp.exe and plink.exe (currently 0.70) being out of date on our EPO server (ssh versions from log of the agent 5.0.6 deployment below).

01/04/21 15:04:37	SSH Output: We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.70
01/04/21 15:04:41	SSH Output: Server version: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.9
01/04/21 15:04:41	SSH Output: Using SSH protocol version 2

I've tried replacing both pscp.exe and plink.exe (attempted with 32 & 64 bit versions) from the site below on the EPO server (located in C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\) to both versions 0.74 but this gave me a different error in the deployment log.

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html 

01/04/21 15:25:48	Starting deployment to computer xxx through the Agent Handler xxx
01/04/21 15:25:48	SSH Output: Looking up host "xxx" for SSH connection
01/04/21 15:25:48	SSH Output: Connecting to xxx port 0
01/04/21 15:25:48	SSH Output: Failed to connect to xxx: Network error: Cannot assign requested address
01/04/21 15:25:48	SSH Output: ssh_init: Network error: Cannot assign requested address
01/04/21 15:25:48	Error copying file C:\Windows\TEMP\mfe1331974765.tmp\install.sh to xxx, system error: 1

Thanks for any advice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: Agent deployment failure

Jump to solution

Please open a ticket with McAfee so we can assist further with logs that shouldn't be posted here.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @JPF 

Thank you for writing, moving this to the McAfee Agent channel.

Hitesh

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Please open a ticket with McAfee so we can assist further with logs that shouldn't be posted here.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community