cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent communication managed Endpoint

Jump to solution
Hi,
we are using ePolicy Orchestrator version 5.3.2. I can run client tasks from the system structure and install agents. It is working. The agents are displayed as managed on the client, but do not report their status back to ePo.

DNS resolution works. Ports (80, 443, 58081, 8443, 8444) are released and accessible.
A clean deinstallation did not help.
Other locations are not affected.

What could it be?

Thanks for help!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: Agent communication managed Endpoint

Jump to solution

You have to look for keyword "asci" and follow the communication attempt.  You should see an entry such as connecting to https://servername:443 and a failure response.  When did the issue start and what changed?  Are the clients external or internal on the network?  Make sure not to post any log entries that contain sensitive information, but we would need to know what error you are seeing.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I need to make sure you understand epo 5.3 is no longer supported.  That being said, for communication errors, you would first look at the masvc log on the client (c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs) and find the error for asci.  Then you would look at the server log on the epo server (in epo install directory - db\logs) for matching time frame for any possible errors on the server.  

There are 2 basic types of failures.  Either the agent can't reach the server at all and server never receives the connection attempt, or the client reaches the server and is rejected for one reason or another.  So you need to look at both sides of the traffic.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
Thank you for your help.

The problem seems to be with the client. The agent cant reach the server.

In the log I see the entry: ahclient.Debug: No relay found in the network, the last cb calls.

The server log is ok.

Do you know the error message and a possible solution?
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

You have to look for keyword "asci" and follow the communication attempt.  You should see an entry such as connecting to https://servername:443 and a failure response.  When did the issue start and what changed?  Are the clients external or internal on the network?  Make sure not to post any log entries that contain sensitive information, but we would need to know what error you are seeing.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Jump to solution
the webproxy blocked the traffic to the server. Thanks for help!
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad to assist!  You can configure proxy settings in the agent repository policy, if necessary.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community