Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Agent Policies

Jump to solution

Agent is 5.0.6.xxx

EPO is 5.9.1.xxx

The question is there is a option tick box in the Agent Repository Policy stateing this.

"Automatically allow clients to access newly-added repositories"

Can anyone point me to any documentation on what this does and how it affects the way the agent checks which repositories that are usable in the list.

Before you tell me to read it and take it at face value test out your understanding in a lab.

1. creating a list of repositories with a couple disabled and a couple enabled and with the option ticked test. 

2. check on a agent in the mcscript.log file that it tests and states which repositories are usable and which are not. You should find the list of repositories in the mcscript.log file search for " usable " or " Not Usable "

3. Now untick it and apply the policy to the endpoint and do a update now to make it check the repositories for updates. note the time you did the update so you can find the log entries.

4. Check in mcscript what repositories it is checking now and tell me does it do the same test of each repository in the list it did in the first test. 

I think you may be surprised.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Agent Policies

Jump to solution
2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi captainmark,

QQ: What is the build of the MA you have, tested with please?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community