cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAA
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Agent Peer to Peer multiple simultaneous pulls, Who pulls first?

Jump to solution

The idea of peer to peer is for all subsequent installs to be pulled from the first machine to download the package.  What happens if a second machine tries to download the package before the first machine completely caches the product?

Will it begin a 2nd simultaneous download or wait for the first machine to finish?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Re: Agent Peer to Peer multiple simultaneous pulls, Who pulls first?

Jump to solution

p2p caches any products that are requested from repository, such as amcore or patches/other updates.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Moving this to the right team channel for response

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello PAA

Peer to peer is only used for content updates such DAT, AMCORE MEDDAT, it wont have product installation packages on its cache.

When a p2p host download an update from an ePO repository it will only respond request once the download is completed, that’s when the p2p clients send UDP discovery, meaning the pep host wont respond to that UDP discovery request until the content is ready.

I hope this helps

Alejandro

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

P2P can also be used for product installs, as long as the p2p client has the content requested.  If it does not, then the agent will try a listed repository.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

PAA
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I am confused by your responses.  The first time you said it does not cache products but the second response says it does. 

Does p2p cache only AMCORE or does it do products also?  do we have to turn on any features or switches for it to cache products as well as content?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

p2p caches any products that are requested from repository, such as amcore or patches/other updates.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community