Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 17

Agent 5.6.2 - Repository Replication fails - error 10053

We have ePO 5.10 and agent 5.6.2.209

On each site (of several) we have an agent set up as SADR.   The ePO update master repository task works fine, however,   Repository Replication Full or Incremental fail.     An error "10053" is seen and it appears to be a certificate problem.    We see "abort by software in the host"

The occurs for all site SADRs - not just one.    Lazy caching is unchecked.

The ePO Server security keys appear to be populated fine.      Not sure how to proceed.   

16 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 17

Re: Agent 5.6.2 - Repository Replication fails - error 10053

What kind of errors do you see in the macmnsvc log on the sadr?  That would be located in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Level 10
Message 3 of 17

I will have to ask the people on-site, but I believe they are seeing that the host dropped or refused the connection.    I have also asked that DNS be checked.  

Thank you

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 17

Ok, is the repository behind a firewall, such as dmz, or proxy?  If so, is port 8081 open, or whatever port you are using for agent wakeup port?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Level 10
Message 5 of 17

Thank you -   The ports are open.     I am seeing something odd on our test lab system, also.     Full replication is taking in excess of 30 hours, and incremental is around 12 hours.     I am not sure what may have changed to cause this.  

In our operational system, the sites are separated by wide area network.   Is there any configuration issue we may have that has created the huge slow down?      Perhaps there is a on-access exclusion needed for replication?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 17

That type of thing is typically caused by poor network connection, faulty nic/cable on one or other systems, or bandwidth throttling being done.  It typically should never take that long.

Was my reply helpful?

Level 10
Message 7 of 17

If I look at the server task log, it shows that the replication started and is complete, but progress is 100% and not complete.      So, I really do not think the file copying took that long, but completion just isn't reached.  

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 17

That looks like the task queue might not be getting cleaned up properly.  Can you get the output of this query?  It should return 3 rows and none of that would be any specific sensitive data.  I am assuming you are running epo 5.10?

Select * from OrionTaskQueueMT where taskdescription like '%DB Clean-up%' or taskdescription like '%task queue%'

If running 5.9.1, run this one - it should only return 2 rows.

Select * from OrionTaskQueueMT where taskdescription like '%dbclean%' or taskdescription like '%task.queue%'

Was my reply helpful?

Level 10
Message 9 of 17

I get one row returned.

Of course, the situation is now different in that, I terminated the task before seeing your post and restarted both the SADR and ePO so I could check in new packages.    With the replication job stuck looking like it was in progress, nothing could be checked in.      I can repeat this query if it becomes stuck at 100% again.  

Level 10
Message 10 of 17

I wasn't complete in last post - 

So I finished checking in software to Master Repository, then I started a replication task.   It has been sitting for 22min at 0%.     The query was run well after the replication task began.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community