Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csteels
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 32

Agent 4.5 Patch 1 release?

When is McAfee Agent 4.5 Patch 1 confirmed for release, I'm having no end of error messages on logout/shutdown on a lot of my managed systems since deploying it and am hoping that the 1st patch for it will fix a lot of those type of issues.

31 Replies
spamidi
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 32

Re: Agent 4.5 Patch 1 release?

Hi

I believe you refer to the issue documented in KB67381. The Patch 1 is expected to be in Managed Release end February. Please log a case with Support, if you wish to participate in the managed release. Refer KB51542 for details.

Regards

Sailendra

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
psolinski
Level 10
Message 3 of 32

Is MA4.5 Patch 1 already in Managed Release?

When can we expect it's RTW?

Regards

Piotr

csteels
Level 9
Message 4 of 32

Im sure I saw on another thread somebody mentioned 1st week of March, I cant see it our downloads area at all so assuming its been delayed?

rackroyd
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 32

McAfee release policy is covered in KB51560 - 'Policy Statements regarding released Service Packs, Patches, Hotfixes and Maintenance Releases'

The relevant section is:

'Patches undergo a phased distribution release period prior to being made publicly available. This phased distribution is managed by Tier III Support. After the phased distribution, the full release is managed by QA and Support, who are responsible for posting the Patch to the McAfee download site and ServicePortal.'

MA 4.5 Patch 1 has not been released to Tier III support yet, so the phased distribution has not yet started.

Hth,

Rob.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
aladdin9
Level 10
Message 6 of 32

VirusScan 8.7i Patch 3 was recently RTW, does it include MA 4.5 Patch 1, or any MA fixes?

spamidi
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 32

MA 4.5 Patch 1 is expected to release to support (managed release) in a weeks time from now..

Was my reply helpful?
csteels
Level 9
Message 8 of 32

So I will be able to download MA 4.5 P1 today? (March 19th)

spamidi
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 32

Agent 4.5 Patch 1 is in managed release - due to last minute issues - the release to support had to be postponed to mid next week.

During managed release, limited set of customers are provided the Patch for validation - so it is not generally available until much later (usually 3 to 4 weeks after it is released to support).

Please refer to the KB articles referenced by Rob earlier in this thread for more on managed release.

Was my reply helpful?
psolinski
Level 10
Message 10 of 32

Does it include Extension Patch 1 mentioned in KB53025?

Solution

This issue is targeted for resolution in McAfee Agent 4.5 Extension Patch 1. Because of the extensive number of point product dependencies and testing required to complete this feature a resolution will not be released to support before 22 March 2010
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community