Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
promc
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 15

After update to 4.6.2, Epo does not send automatic response email

Like title. It does not send emails anymore, but the automatic response task is the same. I also create a new automation response, but it does not work.

The "send email" button works.

Any ideas? Thanks.

14 Replies
apoling
Level 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: After update to 4.6.2, Epo does not send automatic response email

Hi,

some ePO log must contain the result of an email sending test, I would say perhaps the orion.log. Launch a task that wants to send email and monitor this orion.log.

Better still, use a network monitor and see what is actually happening.

Possible reasons I can think of are an authentication issue to the SMTP server (missing or incorrect configuration in ePO) or even SMTP server name is incorrect

Attila

cdobol
Level 10
Message 3 of 15

Same issue here.....  Getting ready to call support...  The only think I can find in the Orion log that *might* be related is this:

2012-05-14 08:51:10,636 ERROR [http-8443-Processor25] squid.GroupDT    - errror getting full path name for node 2 null

2012-05-14 08:54:55,497 ERROR [http-8443-Processor19] squid.GroupDT    - errror getting full path name for node 2 null

2012-05-14 08:55:05,091 ERROR [http-8443-Processor25] squid.GroupDT    - errror getting full path name for node 2 null

Message was edited by: cdobol on 5/14/12 8:57:27 AM EDT
PhilR
Level 12
Message 4 of 15

If is's Rogue System Detection automatic responses you're talking about, see here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB73602

promc
Level 7
Message 5 of 15

No RSD, it's an automated response when a virus is found on a computer.

Oddly, i rebooted the server this morning (MS patches) and it started to send automated responses again. Before that they were not even logged in Tasks.

I'll continue to monitor it.

cdobol
Level 10
Message 6 of 15

I also got my automatic responses to work....   The only two things I did was reboot and delete all old disabled automatic responses. 

levon
Level 7
Message 7 of 15

Same here, automatic responses are unstable since upgrade from ePO 4.6.0 to 4.6.2 but better since rebooting server. Still having issues with agents failing to communicate to ePO server since the upgrade. Would anyone having this isue please confirm if they can perform a "collect and send properties" or "send events" from the agent side without having any timeouts or errors in the ePo agent logs such as "failed to communicate with ePo server" ?

thanks

promc
Level 7
Message 8 of 15

No, here the agent to Epo server communication seems to work fine

irtech
Level 8
Message 9 of 15

I have the same problem. No alerts send emails any more. Rebooting the server has not fixed the problem. Nor has the fix which was suggested to  change epo services account to an administrator account and not "system".

Is there a fix yet for this, please?

regards

G:)

levon
Level 7
Message 10 of 15

It took at least one reboot and a few days for the server to "digest" the upgrade to 4.6.2... but what really helped was setting an agent handler a few days later to unload the main ePO server.  We were never able to proove that the upgrade to 4.6.2 broke anything... although I am convinced that the server started acting differently right after updating to 4.6.2.  If you manually tested the notification configuration and it works fine then I recommentd you delete your automatic notification tasks and create them from scratch Make sure all the ePO servies are started and monitor your ePO counters from Performance Monitor (Perfmon) to have a better understanding of how your server is busy in the background.  Call suport if the problem persists..  there was no magic solution for us unfortunatelly... but I can say everything is functionnal on our side.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community