Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Adding Tags to Subgroup Sorting Criteria via API

Hello,

I'm trying to automate sorting of new machines.  I'm adding a new subgroup based on customer name, then adding a new tag with same name, and then sort any machine with that tag into the new subgroup.  Adding subgroup and tag is not a problem but manipulating the sorting criteria is.  I have not found any api command to do that.  I'm running 5.1.1.

Manual way:  Got to System Tree, click on subgroup, click on Group Details, click on Sorting Criteria, click on Systems that match any of the criteria below, click on Add Tags, select tag and then click save.

3 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: Adding Tags to Subgroup Sorting Criteria via API

Unfortunately, there is currently not any method to manipulate Sorting Criteria through the Web API. You can tag the systems and you can do the sort itself via Web API, but Sorting Criteria is not currently exposed. However, this is not the first time I've heard a request for exposing this functionality through the Web API and we will continue to take this into consideration moving forward.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

Is there any solution for this

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

This can be automated by settings in the system tree and server settings.  First, in server settings, system tree sorting, make sure sorting is enabled for every asci.

Then in the system tree, go to my organization, choose this group and all sub groups, then select all the systems.  Go to actions, directory management, change sorting status and make sure it is enabled on all the systems, or at the very least, the ones you want to sort.

In your system tree groups, make sure the systems meet all the sorting criteria.  Keep in mind, that if criteria is not met, they will go to lost & found.  Also keep in mind that sorting is a hierarcal structure.  So any criteria in a sub group, the system has to first meet the criteria in the parent group.  With this all enabled, they should sort automatically.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community