cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ability to add location field in database?

Does anyone know if (or has perhaps already added) if it's possible to add a column to the database table  that would provide location, such as ZIP code, or placement in a  building such as cube number into the ePO database   We have McAfee installed throughout our stores and in our Corporate  office in the US and I d like to be able to run reports based on  location, such as ZIP or cube number.

Thanks, Jeff

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Ability to add location field in database?

could you use some epo sorting features based on ip address or AD container?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 8

Or if ePO 4.5 / MA 4.5 are being used, you could use the CustomProps values - set them on the client via a login script, for example, and they will be reported back to ePO.

HTH -

Joe

Highlighted

Joe,

Thanks for reply and suggestions - what table contains the CustomProps values?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

I believe it's the computerproperties table, but you shouldn't need to go digging for it - these values are available to the query system in ePO so you can query for them, assign tags based on them, and so on

Regards -

Joe

Highlighted

Thanks for your help Joe

Highlighted

Joe,

Any suggestions on how to populate the custom field for around 4k+ workstations? The problem I'm having is that each store will have around 15-20 workstations that I'd need to populate the custom field with a ZIP code and we have around 500 stores.

Thx

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

It really depends on your environment and the tools you have available, but all you need to do is set a registry value, so there's several ways of doing that - via login script, or group policy object, or SMS, for example.

Regards -

Joe

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community