Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoelRG
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

AMCore current branch version to text file

We previously were able to pull the VSE DAT version information from the current branch to be included in a morning e-mail report that is sent to our IT dept.  Since we've moved to ENS, that is no longer relevant and I'm trying to find a way to do similar with the AMCore version and I'm not having any luck.

Previously we could use the following for VSE:

for /f "tokens=4 delims=-." %%i in ('dir "\\eposerver\c$\program files (x86)\mcafee\epolicy orchestrator\db\software\current\VSCANDAT1000\dat\0000\*dat-?????.zip" /od ^| find /i "dat"') do (set VSEDATVER=%%i)

Anyone have an idea? I've tried finding it in the registry, in Queries and Reports etc.

I can get it for client machines from their registry by PowerShell, which is useful but not what I need:

$ContentDate = Get-ItemPropertyValue -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\McAfee\AVSolution\DS\DS -Name szContentCreationDate
$CurrentDate = Get-Date -Format "yyyy-MM-dd" $TimeSinceUpdate = (New-TimeSpan -Start
$ContentDate -End $CurrentDate).Days
$ContentMajorVer = Get-ItemPropertyValue -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\McAfee\AVSolution\DS\DS -Name dwContentMajorVersion
$ContentMinorVer = Get-ItemPropertyValue -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\McAfee\AVSolution\DS\DS -Name dwContentMinorVersion

Thanks,

Joel

1 Reply
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: AMCore current branch version to text file

This might be the easiest workaround.  Under queries and reports, there is a default query for repository usage based on dat/engine.  Duplicate that query, then edit it.  

It is a stacked bar chart - change stack labels to amcore content version, click on next.  Columns can include product name and amcore content version, click next. for filter, remove event type = engine and change the dat to amcore and filter it for event generated time is within the last 1 day.  Save that and run it.  That will show you the amcore version that clients are pulling from the repository, which should be the latest checked in.

You can then email that query on a daily basis.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community