cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is our clients website getting this message

Jump to solution

Please could you help. Our client is saying customers are getting the following message when visiting their website

This link might be dangerous. We tested it and found security risks beware.

Website Category

Malicious Downloads, Malicious Sites. Marketing / Merchandising

This is obviously very disturbing, could anyone please tell me what the problem could be?

Thanks

Lucy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 9

Re: why is our clients website getting this message

Jump to solution

Belay that move, Cap'n.

With the SiteAdvisor reorganisation this is all getting very confusing. I personally would vote for a new section for all SiteAdvisor / WebAdvisor / GTI issues, probably to go where GTI is now.

This is a site rating issue, and all of those go into the SiteAdvisor main section in Consumer. Accordingly I've moved the post back to Consumer (formerly Home & Home Office) > Web and Email Protection > SiteAdvisorDiscussions

Posts for SiteAdvisor Enterprise issues should be only those that relate to the operation of the SiteAdvisor version for companies, which has far more functionality than the one for consumers.

Apologies for the digression, and on to the main point of the post : the site has been tested, so the Red rating was something picked up by TrustedSource in real-time. Whatever that was, it's been cleared. SiteAdvisor is showing a Green rating again.

SA rating eygwindows.PNG

WOT (WebOfTrust) though is, for unstated reasons, showing the site as Unsatisfactory, with an Amber circle.

Sucuri gives the site a clean bill of health, although I see the site has an iframe (inherently suspicious to SiteAdvisor) and is running Plesk 11.0, which needs to kept up to date because of successful attacks against Plesk in the recent past. The latest stable version is 12.0 according to the Plesk site.

Edit - Aha! Found it. I was about to sign off but here, I think, is what SiteAdvisor detected. You'd better get the web team to have a look at these files and make sure they're okay : this could be a false positive but you need to be sure.

More details are in the urlquery report for your site : https://urlquery.net/report.php?id=1427287097296

urlquery for eygwindows.PNG

I can't spend any more time on this right now, I've got meetings all this afternoon; but I'll return to it later today. Always ready to go the extra mile for a local company.

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Could you kindly follow these Guidelines/Instructions to resolve your issue:

I might add that creating a ticket with Trusted Source is much quicker.

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Moved to Site Advisor Enterprise > Discussions by Moderator

As this seems business related.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Belay that move, Cap'n.

With the SiteAdvisor reorganisation this is all getting very confusing. I personally would vote for a new section for all SiteAdvisor / WebAdvisor / GTI issues, probably to go where GTI is now.

This is a site rating issue, and all of those go into the SiteAdvisor main section in Consumer. Accordingly I've moved the post back to Consumer (formerly Home & Home Office) > Web and Email Protection > SiteAdvisorDiscussions

Posts for SiteAdvisor Enterprise issues should be only those that relate to the operation of the SiteAdvisor version for companies, which has far more functionality than the one for consumers.

Apologies for the digression, and on to the main point of the post : the site has been tested, so the Red rating was something picked up by TrustedSource in real-time. Whatever that was, it's been cleared. SiteAdvisor is showing a Green rating again.

SA rating eygwindows.PNG

WOT (WebOfTrust) though is, for unstated reasons, showing the site as Unsatisfactory, with an Amber circle.

Sucuri gives the site a clean bill of health, although I see the site has an iframe (inherently suspicious to SiteAdvisor) and is running Plesk 11.0, which needs to kept up to date because of successful attacks against Plesk in the recent past. The latest stable version is 12.0 according to the Plesk site.

Edit - Aha! Found it. I was about to sign off but here, I think, is what SiteAdvisor detected. You'd better get the web team to have a look at these files and make sure they're okay : this could be a false positive but you need to be sure.

More details are in the urlquery report for your site : https://urlquery.net/report.php?id=1427287097296

urlquery for eygwindows.PNG

I can't spend any more time on this right now, I've got meetings all this afternoon; but I'll return to it later today. Always ready to go the extra mile for a local company.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

I personally would vote for a new section for all SiteAdvisor / WebAdvisor / GTI issues, probably to go where GTI is now

An excellent idea and one which I coincidentally was thinking of suggesting myself, but will leave it to you.  Location to be decided though as I wasn't sure about that.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Actually, I was uncertain myself as to where the proper place the thread should be? Having said that...I concur with you, for your expertize in regards to Site Advisor I humbly say, dwarfs my knowledge  

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Thank you so much catdaddy, it all appears fine now. Really appreciate you taking the time to help with this.

thanks

lucy

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

You are most welcome Glad that all is okay now.

Wishing you all the very best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Thank you so much Hayton for your time spent on this, i really appreciate it and great that you're local as well.

it all appears to be fine now.

thanks again

lucy

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community