cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olebrat
Level 7

why can't I connect to the net after installing McAfee

why can't I connect to the net after installing McAfee.

I have installed and uninstalled McAfee several times. Tried IE8, Firefox, Re-installed Win XP sp3 on my laptop to no avail. Before I install McAfee I can connect with ease, but as soon the installation is completed the browser page opens but will not open any web pages- the prigress bar ups to 3 or 4 bars and then it ceases.

Can any one help on this one.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
syed.tabrez
Level 7

Re: why can't I connect to the net after installing McAfee

Hi,

Right click on the 'M' icon at the bottom right hand corner next to time.

Click on disable fire wall or lock down fire wall.

Please check if ur able to brows inter net.

Please let me now what happens after that.

Regards

Syed Tabrez

(Mcafee Technical Support)

0 Kudos
olebrat
Level 7

Thanks Syed!

Done that (probably 100 times so far) with no success. The point is that if I uninstall McAfee I can connect, in fact I download from the site. But as soon as it is installed it stops after finding the site ie: with hotmail. it reaches the login status and that is it. Same on all attempts.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi olebrat,

Pleast let me know the following information so that we could help you with our best here,

What is the computer’s operating system ?
How is the computer connected to the internet ?
Do you have any third party software in the computer ?

Regards,
DineshK

0 Kudos
olebrat
Level 7

Hi Dinz!

Thanks for your repply.

Its running  Windows XP profesional and connected via pcmcia card to router. As I have explained in the previous post it could not be a question of connection or software previous to instalation as it wourks OK up to that point.

The only 3rd party I can think is the pcmcia but it has allways worked with McAfee. This problems started with the new update format of the program. It works OK on my PC and on my sons Laptop.

Hope you can help as it is driving me mad.

REgards.

Olebrat.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi olebrat,

Sorry for the delayed response, Could you please check under the program permission list whether the Internet explorer or you corresponding browser is not be blocked ?

If that;s not the case , please get in touch with mcafee chat available at useful links at the top of the page , where our technicians would diagnose the issue and fix it for you.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos