cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beans1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 131 of 133

Re: this program keeps popping up! i need help!!

I installed the fix last night. Been on the computer 2 hours and no popups so far.

Okay I had this problem after a typical update from McAfee. It was annoying and interrupted any fullscreen applications/programs I was running.

Solution :

Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Select McAfee

Select Change/Remove button.

In a McAfee window that appears, check the box next to Site Advisor and click remove.

That solved it for me.

You can opt to re-install it if you wish, but I am not an avid fan of Site Advisor.
I only use a very select number of websites (5 or 6), so I have no use for this feature.

For those that are avid surfers, I suggest re-installing.

Happy Computing,
-Fachtna

Hi Everyone,

Some good news to report - our fix for this issue was promoted forward to production this morning, and deployment commenced earlier today.  Over the next 48 hours, users will receive a version update - version 3.4.1.193. 

This is a silent update and requires a system reboot to finalize the installation.  For users that don't reboot their systems often, I've asked our deployment folks to confirm when users should think about rebooting in order to pick up this fix.  I am hoping to respond to this thread tomorrow with more insight on this.

In the meantime, if you would like the problem solved immediately, please feel free to download and install directly from www.siteadvisor.com.  This installation package has version 3.4.1.193 and is binary identical to the fix being rolled out right now silently.  There is no danger or adverse side effects in downloading and installing the siteadvisor.com version prior to the silent version being installed.

I hope this helps clarify things, and I sincerely thank each of you for lending your voices and experiences throughout this investigation process. Your assistance helped us track down and resolve this issue in ways we would have otherwise missed.

Thanks again for trusting SiteAdvisor.

Cheers,

Mark

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community