cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 111 of 133

Re: this program keeps popping up! i need help!!

I'll alert him to this thread if I can.

louie19
Level 7
Message 112 of 133

Dinesh & Mark Visscher (posts # 108 & 109)

In looking on the internet to find what the heck this pop up box was (in fear of a virus, etc), I came upon this coummunity discussion site.  After reading all the posts I will say it has been very interesting and educational, and I decided to join.

Unfortunately, I must add myself to the group.  I just had updates automatically done on January 22.  The pop up screen as stated throughout this discussion started late last night (Jan 22).  Markinvention in post #119 makes a good point.  Per Mark V, sounds like a fix may be coming out this week.  What is the best course of action at this point?  Do we go ahead and run Dinesh's steps as stated in #108 or do we wait for the auto fix to come through? 

Here is some of my info:

HP Laptop

Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition

Version 2002, SP3

McAfee Antivirus Plus

Site Advisor

Version 3.4

Build 3.4.1.189

Affld 0

Let me know if there is any further information needed.

Thanks and great info everyone!
Laura

JohnG
Level 7
Message 113 of 133

Welcome Laura.

If you are dealing with only one computer, then simply download the program from this link from Dinesh's post #108:

http://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/beta/saSetup.exe

Install that and reboot. (No need to uninstal build .189 first)

- JohnG

Message was edited by: JohnG on 1/23/12 12:46:48 PM GMT-05:00

Message was edited by: JohnG on 1/23/12 1:30:13 PM GMT-05:00

I would like to add my name as being affected by this annoying problem. At first I thought it had something to do with my updating Firefox to 9.0.1 but I had been using this for several days without any problem. Now I frequently get this DOS pop-up referring to SaUpd.exe in the McAfee SiteAdvisor folder. It also occurs without any browser being open, such as when using Word, Windows Explorer and indeed any program.

Apart from that SiteAdvisor is working. When can we all expect that there will be an update to SiteAdvisor that will fix this?

Derek Shaw

OS is Windows XP Professional SP3 kept up-to-date. SiteAdvisor is version 3.4.1.189 at present.

beans1
Level 7
Message 115 of 133

I have Security Center version 11.0,  build: 11.0.849,  Affid: 0,  Last update 12/26/2011. Cyctem is Windows XP Professional , SP3, Dell Computer,

I have this problem too, window pops up every 10 mins or so and stays for about 10 seconds.  Have disabled sitadvisor in control pannel / admin tools/  services as suggested and will see what this does.  I run internet explorer so it is not a firefox issue

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 117 of 133

As siad it has been passed onto the developers we mentioned this issue at our last meeting so Mcafee is aware of the issue. So having 3.44.1.189 for SA does not fix all users?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 19/01/12 7:12:58 AM
cazieel
Level 7
Message 118 of 133

Tony,

If you uninstall and reinstall the version that is online, then it seems to work fine but if the version updates on it's own to the latest without uninstalling, then no it doesn't work.

At least this is my experience.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 119 of 133

Interesting thanks

toebin
Level 7
Message 120 of 133

Hi All,

Sorry Delclemons, but when I reactivated the SA services the dos prompt came right back. I had it turned off for over 24 hrs at the time.

Dinz did a remote session on my comp today and took several log files with the dos prompt popping up. He then fixed everything by installing a new version of Site Advisor and did some more log files. I'm not sure if he uninstalled the old SA first or not. I'm now running Site Advisor Version 3.4 Build 3.4.1.193

Now my McAfee Internet Security just did an update (several hours after my remote session) that required a reboot. Everything remains fine, no problems noted. The only thing I can see that has updated is the main McAfee Internet Security program, it is now Version 11 as before but the build is 11.0.654 .. Site Advisor remains at the 193 build that was put in this morning.

I'm thinking they may be pushing out a "fix" ???  Or it's just coincidence that the entire program updated today with a reboot required?

Wanted to update the Team... on what's transpired today.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community