cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: problem updating to newer version of siteadvisor plus

alright i'll check it out, but i still would like this problem taken care of as sson as possible
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 15

I have asked for some help here.

ok thanks

Dear naraku4656,

We received your message reporting errors while trying to upgrade from 2.5.0.6172 to the latest version (2.6.0.6261) by using the "Get Latest Version" option from the SiteAdvisor toolbar dropdown menu. Thank you for contacting us.

We took a look at the screenshot you'd provided. We tried several times to reproduce the issue on Vista and Windows XP with IE 6/7, but were unable to do so. We suspect that the issue is caused due to a failed download (checksum could have failed while updating the binary or it could've also been a server issue). We suggest that you try again and if you are still experiencing problems, we request you to provide us some additional information which would help us in solving this issue.

1. Please send us the 'service.log' file which would be present at the location:
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\SiteAdvisor"
(If your drive in which you installed SA is C: then this would correspong to: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SiteAdvisor")

2. Also send us the 'install.log' file (C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor)

Please note that all Updates/Upgrades for SiteAdvisor happen automatically. Thank you for being a McAfee customer.

Sincerely,
Praveen Rajaretnam
McAfee SiteAdvisor Consumer QA

i actually don't know how i got that error, but i system restored myself and the download worked, according to kaspersky i did have a virus and i was able to download the newer mcafee version afterwards. thanks for all of your help and i will wait for my problems with the next version of siteadvisor when they finally decide to update it again.