cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcafee bloks a site

hi, I'm new here!

I've got a little problem. so I use this Slovenian site (http://www.partis.si/prva) that provides me with many torrents. and I use it quite often too.

problem is that I have to turn off my firewall in McAfee antivirus plus to be able to download. otherwise my

utorrent only says "finding peers" and it never finds them.

my question is, how can I set my firewall so that the download will start without having to turn the wall off???

I've tried all I know in the firewall settings menu. all the programs in the "Internet connections for programs" menu are set to

Ful access and Net guard on. and I did not manage to find a solution in the "My network connections" too.

thanks a bunch!

take care

LUKA

7 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: mcafee bloks a site

I moved this to SiteAdvisor as I think that's the issue here.  I had no problems going to that website but can only assume that downloads from there are being flagged as possibly dangerous as most torrents would be anyway because inherently they are dangerous.    In such cases you usually have the option to proceed anyway.  Don't you see that option?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 06/05/13 4:57:48 EDT PM
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

By the way I use utorrent and it has no issues either.

no, I do not see the option to proceed. when I try to download, there is not a word from McAfee whatsoever.

the download just does not begin. no alerts from mcafee.

besides I can normally use other sites like Iso hunt or The pirate bay etc. a it works just fine.

oh, forgot to metion. I've had mcafee for like 2 months now but the problem in question just appeared

a week ago or so. so a recent update may be a cause of the problem I figure.

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I'm not sure what to suggest in that case.  Best for you to contact Technical Support.  The only chat link for your area is here & is open 24/7:  http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 06/05/13 6:35:30 EDT PM

thank u for the speedy answers!

take care

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

OK good luck.

Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

On the off-chance that this is the firewall blocking the ports that utorrent needs to use for P2P, there's a thread here which might be useful - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/297372

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community