cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a good lawyer in the house

yes i see mcafee jumps in to things and does no research.Being a former member of sbcglobal.net aka YAHOO. i know all the tricks they do.And their main trick is to corrupt internet explorer through the add ons inside of IE.I just updated to this new version and immediately noticed the automatic downloading occurring .The only way i could stop it was to block it under the program permissions for site advisor.It was downloading on three different occasions when i opened ie ,site advisor takes upon itself to automatically download from 216.143.70.73 which is the plano texas area(which is the area when i had yahoo that my downloads came from) san antonio gotta love them scumbags of yahoo and now it would seem the mcafee is in cahoots with them by recommending yahoo when you first install it.Just think of all the unexpecting individuals that trust mcafee and then they go and do this to there customers.Where is some government oversight,how bout a good lawyer to sue mcafee.
As i recall i bought site advisor with my total protection and was wondering why it is not part of the virtual technician.????not free for everyone .Maybe you could have a free site advisor for everyone that allows yahoo to run amok on IE and yahoo could pay you for it.Then you could have us paying people have a version that is free of yahoo or some other scumbag isp.
3 Replies

RE: is there a good lawyer in the house

That would really mess things up.

Get a politician or a lawyer involved and it will take years and lots of money to accomplish a) a task force, b) further study or c) more Taskbar options

hmm

1. could yahoo site advisor automatically download when first enabled to corrupt plugin for mcafee hackerwatch update helper ,then mcafee hackerwatch update helper then corrupts mcafee update manager.Is that possible cause it seems like it might be the case.
2. virus scan 13.0.218 last update on 1/5/09 ,dat 5484.0000 created on 1/4/09 :engine 5300.2777:this seems to be out of date even though mcupdi says i am up to date.Quote ex-brit"now mcafee updates 7 days a week" would seem very out of date.
3. M V T downloaded from 12.14.146.72 from akamai tech now during this and other mcafee updates that seem to always say i am up to date,I have noticed that the generic host process is listening on port 59432 as just one example.What is this listening on this port for.Also MVT does not work either now ,the green bar just goes and i noticed that i only get the loop back for this program in the firewall.
4. The unknown zone- Yes this zone comes up lets say for this web site first(205.xxx.xxx).Where is this zone located in internet explorer.I always seem to get the not connected to the internet page.I hit refresh and then it goes to internet zone and them goes to trusted site zone.then the web page will then connect.Is there a way to get rid of this unknown zone so it will put webpages in the proper zones right off the bat.
5.I also noticed that microsoft has raised the trusted zone up to like med-high or something so then the question is ,Are your plugins and update engines rated for this new zone rating.Or will i have to put in websites such as windows update and mcafee in manually to continue using them because right now windows update wont work with the server checked and the site not manually added.Is this the actual cause of mcafee not updating properly.

stupid no surfing browser

I just had an experience with MVT and thought i would share.i have version 4.3.0.0 setup for mvt on my computer it dont seem to work anymore.So i finally got the mcafee web pages to load instead of seeing cannot find web page screen and it worked and said my engine and dat were out of date.So it upgraded the virus scan from 63.217.8.81 and everything is fine.I decided to check the manual update and be for sure and then mcupmgr starts to update vso_cnt from the same web address.ODD i can only find mention of this file in the mcupmgr log file.Then real time,spyscanner ,im ,scriptscanning and buffer overflow are disabled,ODD.I reenabled the items and all seems well except the fact of it doesnt seem kosher.
why wasn't vso_cnt download the first time i can only assume that this file has to do with the mcupmgr module itself.Is this something that has to be downloaded after the engine is updated,a hot fix.
this website is located at 205.227.136.90 and it took 10 minutes to get it to load without going to internet explorer cannot dispay page.I have complained before and got mixed results and now i will take this and other internet explorer to microsoft.I have had enough one update in 2 weeks for windows and still all the problems with this system that aren't being addressed.
A list of problems that arent being addressed.svchost.exe under network service :The highjacking of the network services program by dns has still not been addressed .All a server has to due is corrupt windows operating system and they have complete control of your computer:the server changes the automatically detect settings to somehow you can only use me as a server and then i will control all the downloads.Patches dont work .The whole program needs to be wrote over with an upcorrupted version.That is the fix not a stupid patch.Microsoft tried in november to fix this with windows publisher progam at the windows update site but when you inserted you home edition cd the first version it would not do anything ,so therefore you have to keep the corrupted versions because apperently i guess it only worked with xpsp2 or either the files for reinstalling windows files are corrupted by the server so that you cant get rid of the corrupted files.I know this cause i am the one that told them about the corrupted files to begin with and i have a whole new bag to complain about and one of them is your yahoo site advisor.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community