cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why is my website getting a blocked message from Site Advisor?

Hello, my new site, www.smallbiztribe.com, is not yet assessed by Site Advisor, but I am getting a Site Advisor popup when I open it saying that it has blocked content.  Please can you tell me why this is?

Thank you,

Jessica

8 Replies

Re: Why is my website getting a blocked message from Site Advisor?

Sorry, my site name didn't come up as a link, I guess I should have put http://www.smallbiztribe.com

Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 9

As I thought, the same symptoms as those being talked about in these threads -

https://community.mcafee.com/message/241607#241607

https://community.mcafee.com/message/241572#241572

I only see the banner in IE, not in Chrome (nor, I bet, in Firefox).

Abine's DoNotTrackPlus+ is blocking a number of tracking companies on your site, and the one that also crops up on this site is AddThis.

SiteAdvisor or NetGuard for some reason doesn't like something that AddThis is trying to do.

When the American side of McAfee come back from their holiday long weekend we'll gently remind them that we've been holding the fort while they were away. There's some catching up to do.

Meantime, don't worry about it too much. There's nothing to be done until the USA wakes up on Tuesday.

Hi Hayton,

Thanks for letting me know, I'm relieved to hear that it doesn't mean there's something wrong with my site, but a bit horrified for my site to be affected by this problem.

And just to let you know it's in Firefox that I've seen this, I haven't checked in the other browsers.

Regards,

Jessica

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I have DoNotTrack+ in Chrome and Firefox but not in IE, so it's only in IE that I see the banner. It's alarming enough unless you know it means the site itself is okay - and it's my personal opinion that the message should make that clear to visitors - but I can't find anywhere a log entry of what it's blocked or why. If I could find the report log a lot of questions would be easier to answer.

Thank you Hayton, fingers crossed that this gets sorted out tomorrow!

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I hear unofficially that the Powers That Be will get an earful tomorrow when they arrive for work .... it seems this has been turning up on certain corporate desktops outside the States, and the certain corporates seeing this banner are Not Amused.

I think it's going to get fixed.

Thank you Hayton, it seems to be gone now!

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Yes gone for the community as well.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community