cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why does latest update cause debugging program to open in Outlook 2003?

Thanks chirrupowner, but I believe your problem, although it has similar symptoms, was different than the one reported in this thread.

This is evidenced by the fact that the problem persisted for you even when Mcaffee was disable or unistalled. In the problem we are all dealing with, disableling Mcaffee DOES fix the probem.

The solution you posted appears to simply disable the VS JIT debugger - which in your case, was running even when there was no bug.

Our (still unresolved) issue is related to a bug found by the JIT debugger, which is:

"Validlink_google is invalid".

This problem was clearly caused by the Mcaffee update. Turning off the debugger may stop the messages (I haven't tried it yet) but in this case I think it would be the equivelent of saying "If I don't go see the doctor, I'm not sick"

Mcafee we are patiently awaiting a resolution

HELLO???? Where are we at now? This has been going on since the 6th of January today is the 14th. Enough is Enough, McAfee is suppose to protect me from this kind of stuff not give it to me. Time for an update please!!!!

yes, I think this is enough time. You need to roll this back, give us some options here or find a new line of work Mcaffee. Patience now gone!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to update you on the status of the fix for this issue. McAfee just finished posting a fix, remotely, to my system to see if it would fix the problem and, I am happy to say, that it has. They said that they will now include the fix in an update and systems that have been affected will be automatically fixed with the update. Timeframe is still the same, by the end of the week. Dinesh, thank you for your time and help with this matter, it is greatly appreciated!

Highlighted

Thank you Diminutives!! We appreciate your feedback. I request you all to test the below mention steps and update us.

Step 1 - Disable Access Protection

1. Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
  2. Click Navigation.
  3. Select About. Note the name of your product suite (for example, McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Anti-Virus Plus).
  4. Click the X to close the About window.
  5. Select General Settings and Alerts.
  6. Open the Access Protection drawer.
  7. Deselect the option Use Access Protection.

Step 2 –

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\Scripts
  2. Rename safe_im.js to safe_im.j_
  3. Restart Outlook and IM

Step 3 -

Enable Access Protection

1. Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
  2. Click Navigation.
  3. Select General Settings and Alerts.
  4. Open the Access Protection drawer.
  5. Check the box beside Use Access Protection.
  6. Close SecurityCenter.

Regards

Message was edited by: BalaSGS on 1/19/11 12:40:17 PM GMT-06:00

Bala,

Thanks.  So far so good....

YES! Outlook appears to be working fine. Thank you very much!

PhilF
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 48 of 79

Bala, should we cosnider this to be the actual fix; or is it more of a diagnostic thing, to help you pinpoint the specific script causing the problem?

Thanks

Works for me too........considering it continued when Mcafee security was disabled.....or was it?

Nevertheless, Thank you.

PhilF
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 50 of 79

Would still like a response to the question that I asked last week:

Bala, should we consider this to be the actual fix; or is it more of a diagnostic thing, to help you pinpoint the specific script causing the problem?

Thanks

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community